Saturday, February 2, 2013

TRUTH

It is said that real friends dont let real friends drive drunk. Well, I say real friends dont let real friends eat bad. True, that person is responsible for their own health. However, if I am your true friend, how can I sit by and watch you do something that will halt your success and not say anything. Now Im not gonna hound you, but let's get real, the reason you decided to change is because you did not like what you were to begin with. Sometimes it only takes one thing to make you start slipping backwards, bit by bit. I know that because I have done it several times on my weightloss journey in the past and NEVER reached my goal. I'm not going back to that and I dont want to see anyone do it either. We all know that 80-90% of weightloss is about nutrition so no matter how hard you workout, if you eat bad it was only to keep you where you are. We are about moving forward not standing still. Yes it is hard, yes it is a struggle, but I am sure nothing tastes that good to keep you from your goals. Tough love makes you look yourself in the mirror and accept the decisions you make. It reminds you of why you are making changes and pushes you to be steadfast. So no matter how hard the fight, never give up and help those around you keep their goals reachable.

3 comments:

  1. It is like you are inadvertently talking to me on this one. I am taking small changes with this one. I can't stop cold turkey...and actually be successful...so I am going to Calorie Count. My phone says that I should stay under 1220...my dad (a personal trainer/boxer coach) told me he keeps it under 1500. I'll let you know how this goes mam.

    ReplyDelete