Thursday, January 17, 2013

Time to face a fear

Ok, I was asked if I wanted to join in on doing a 5k run...AHHHHHHHH was my first thought. The reason being I have always hated running. Even when I played sports I hated it. Later in life, I realized I had extremely flat feet and that was the reason for all the pain, fatigue and foot cramps when I ran. Earlier this year I found myself wanting to run, so I took to the streets and started walking/running a mile, but a few days in my knees and shins were killing me. It took  me off my workouts for a good month to just recover. It was so bad it felt like my patella was tracking incorrectly on my knee. It finally went back to normal with some self care and therapy. So here I am, do I run or not. My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes. It is time to face my fear of running. I have decided that I am going to run it, jog it, walk it whatever, just do it. I have a few months to train for it, so I plan to start training tomorrow on the treadmill. If you have any fears, face them and move forward...to infinity and beyond...

3 comments:

  1. I would've been all in if it was a 5k walk. I usually end up fast walkin or jogging a portion of it. I'm not quite ready to run. I'll pray for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is just a 5K, you can walk it or run it. You should sign up too, once I get the info I will pass it on to you it is not until June. I dont plan to run it all, more like run/walk a few mins at a time. I gotta start from somewhere. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete